Friday, September 25, 2009

Sword & Wizardry Quick Start on the Kindle!


Ok. It's not a 'real' Kindle book, but I did manage to convert my Swords & Wizardry Quick Start PDF and put it on my Kindle. Aside from some obvious glitches in the graphics, it is quite readable and I am happy with the results.

I am not sure if there is enough of a user base for rpg publishers to justify releasing books in Kindle format, but I do plan to try and convert some of my other gaming PDFs to see how they turn out.

4 comments:

Michael S/Chgowiz said...

That's awesome! I would consider it if there's no real cost involved. I hope you tell us how it goes with using the Kindle at the tabletop.

Aaron E. Steele said...

Suddeenly I have a reason to buy a Kindle.

Sneb said...

The Kindle DX displays PDFs natively. That's what I'm using to read my S&W PDFs.

AnthonyRoberson said...

Chgowiz, I don't know how much tabletop use my Kindle version will see. Lack of usable bookmarks in my converted PDF is kind of a drag.

Sneb, I would have loved to purchase a DX, but the cost was a bit prohibitive...