Tuesday, December 09, 2008

First Impressions of Martial Power

I just picked up Martial Power and so far I like it. It has LOTS of new goodies for Fighters, Rangers, Rogues and Warlords. Here some quick impressions:

  • It more than doubles the number of powers available to martial characters in the Player's Handbook. More options is a good thing.
  • NO new equipment or skills. This is either a bug or a feature, depending on your point of view. For me it's a feature.
  • There is no forced symmetry. Unlike the Player's Handbook, some classes get more powers at some levels than others. Some classes get new at-wills at certain levels and others do not, etc. At first blush, I like this. I do wonder if this represents a change in philosopy for the design team.

I will try and post a honest to goodness review in a week or so after I have had time to digest the book a little more thoroughly.


No comments: