Monday, December 22, 2008

What's In A Name?

As a Dungeon Master, I am always on the lookout for names.  If I need to name an NPC or the tavern that the PCs just stumbled into, I need a cool name.  I also hate to resort to cheesy or trite names and so it becomes a real chore to come up with fresh, campaign appropriate names.  One resource that I just stumbled on is Gary Gygax's Extaordinary Book of Names.  It has thousands and thousands of names, all divided up into regions.  It also has chapters on place names and creating fantasy names.  DriveThruRPG has the PDF on sale for $10 HERE.  I also assume you can get the hard copy directly from the Troll Lords for $10 as part of their 12 Days of Christmas Holidy Sale.*

*As a side note, it looks like the Troll Lords have lots of goodies on sale for the Castles & Crusades and Gary Gygax fans.  Make sure to check the sale out.

No comments: